Tips to Prevent Fires in Your Home or Business
A fire in your home or business can be devastating. At SERVPRO of West Pasco, we get it. We specialize in disaster recovery which includes residential and commercial fires. With that said we see the causes of these fires and the destruction they can cause. Luckily, we have some tips to help prevent them from happening.
- Overloaded Extension Cords – Bad Connections and other careless use of electrical devices can melt wire insulation and cause a fire to start. This can be avoided by not piggy-backing extension cords off each other.
- Clean your stove and oven – Grease and other flammable build up can easily cause a kitchen fire. Keep your stove and oven clean before turning on the appliance.
- Fireplace safety – If your home or business has a fireplace it is extremely important to have the chimney cleaned at least once a year according to the Nation Fire Protection Association! Built up soot and debris could easily become a fire hazard!
- Saw Dust – Saw dust is highly combustible and should be cleaned up during and after every project. A small spark could ignite the sawdust causing a fire that can quickly spread.
These are just a few tips that we can offer to help prevent fires in your home or business. As always, if you need us, give us a call at 727-847-3000.